Congratulations! You’ve managed to get your school council together for a meeting. But what happens now? How is your school council engaging the whole school? Who is developing skills as part of your school council?
We created the Smart School Council Model to widen engagement to all pupils, track impact and directly address Ofsted requirements around British Values and SMSC. Find out more about the model and the step by step guide to its implementation here.
If holding pupil-led meetings can be confusing and you feel as though you’re not getting enough done in the time you have, this page has links to all our resources full of great ideas and tips to help you plan a truly useful meeting.
- Here’s one simple idea that could save you time at the start of your meetings >>>
- Feel as though you get stuck on too few subjects in your meetings? This resource will help you plan an agenda to cover more ground >>>
- Need help keeping track of your progress in meetings? Use these resources to help keep on top of your minutes and agenda>>>
- This page has some helpful tips for when you’re chairing a meeting >>>
- Use this resource to put together some ground rules >>>
- Here’s a way for you to evaluate your school council meetings >>>
- And here is a script to get you started:
And here’s three quick tips you can use: