Hosting a Smart School Council Masterclass in your school is a great way to get cheap CPD.
Your school will get two free places on the course in return for providing the venue and lunch.
Find out how to host one below.
What is the Smart School Council Masterclass?
- It's a one day CPD course for teachers to kickstart the Smart School Council model.
- The model helps you to include ALL pupils, directly address Ofsted requirements around British Values/SMSC, track involvement and it's easier to run than your current model. Read more here
- We run 20 Masterclasses each year, and they always get fantastic feedback - 100% of the course’s previous participants would recommend it to a colleague.
Why should my school host one?
- It's very little effort for your staff. We come and deliver the Masterclass in your school, and handle all the bookings.
- It's cheaper. A Masterclass place usually costs £249, and your school only has to provide the venue and refreshments.
- It helps to build links with local schools. Hosting works well if you're part of a local network of schools or partnership, federation, or multi-academy trust.
- If you've been running the model for a while, you might want to showcase your practice to other local schools.
What does my school get out of hosting?
- Two free places on the course for your members of staff (usual price £249 per place)
- Two premium membership accounts. This gives you full access to the Smart School Council Manual, a clear step by step process to adopt the model, and support from Smart School Council experts (usual price £129 pri / £149 sec)
What do I have to do in return?
In return for hosting a Masterclass, there's two things that your school has to agree to:
- To provide a classroom or training space for the day, and provide teas/coffees for the participants and lunch.
- To send out an email to your local school network to encourage them to come on the course. We've got a template that we'll send you, and we aim for 8 paying teachers per course.
There's no other costs for your school, and we handle all the bookings so there's no work for your school to do.
Sounds great! How do I organise this?
It's really simple to organise:
- Seek agreement from your Headteacher to host a Masterclass.
- Send us an email to [email protected] indicating the month and potential dates that you'd like to host one.
We usually insist on a three month lead in time before the course so we can make sure we have enough participants.
Just to say a huge thank you for the Masterclass held in our school. All the teachers who attended felt the same! The day was fun and full of incredibly useful advice, ideas and possibilities. We all left with loads of ideas and plans. I would thoroughly recommend anyone to offer to host a masterclass if they get the opportunity.
Cara Williams, New Mills Primary School, Derbyshire